Don’t let the name of this recipe fool you — this apple pie version of the famous “dump cake” is a delicious and sophisticated addition to your family gathering. You’ll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t find it quite tasty and, the best part, the ingredients are few and simple.
Serve with homemade whipped cream or french vanilla bean ice cream to dress it up even more. Meanwhile we’ll start thinking of ways to improve on the name. Any ideas?
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Put apple pie filling into the pan and cover the bottom evenly.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the apple pie filling and drizzle the melted butter over top the cake mix. Cover the top evenly with apple pie spice.
- Add pan to the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the top of the cake is browned.
- Let cool for a few minutes and scoop out the dump cake and serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.