Thanksgiving is always about the main course feast. The beautiful bird, the delicious side dishes and the fancy sweet treats. However, I’m in it for the snacking. My mom always serves her holiday dinner at night so during the day we snack to keep us at bay.
I have always loved serving this pumpkin hummus because it gives a fall twist to the classic hummus goodness. I always use cashew butter in place of tahini but feel free to use whatever nut butter you want in the recipe. This Garlicky Pumpkin Hummus with a touch of lemon makes a festive Thanksgiving appetizer.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Crackers, pretzels or vegetables, to serve
- Add all items to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste and season with kosher salt.
- Add to the refrigerator and let sit overnight to let flavors meld.
- Serve cold with crackers, pretzels or vegetables.