Whether you’re hosting a group of little ghouls or a gang of fun-loving grown-ups, there’s no question that Halloween brings out the kid in all of us. And the fun doesn’t have to stop at crazy costumes, candy, and decorations. Bring the spookiness to your serving table with this tasty and healthy graveyard hummus dip, complete with homemade coffin pita chips! By serving these dips individually, they can be easily transported to a Halloween get-together, and makes the perfect party food.
Coffin Pita Chips Recipe
- 1 package pita bread
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out your Halloween shapes.
- Place them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp, turning once mid way through.
Graveyard Hummus Dip
- 10 ounces Classic Hummus
- 20 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- Kalamata olives, chopped
- Transfer hummus into a small serving bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes, cucumber and Kalamata olives. Finely chop the chives.
- In individual bowls or on a serving platter, set out all ingredients.
- Invite your guests to fill a treat cup or ramekins, starting with hummus, adding on tomatoes and cucumbers and finishing with another layer of hummus, chopped olives (dirt!) and chopped chives (grass!).
- Alternatively, skip the individual cups and layer everything in a clear serving dish.
- Serve alongside a bowl of coffin pita chips for a ghoulishly tasty treat.