Get ready breakfast lovers, these SUPER simple banana pancakes not only require minimal effort (so that you can keep it lazy like a Sunday morning), but they are also super healthy and gluten-free! Bananas are packed with potassium and eggs are a great source of lean protein. Together they make for one delicious powerhouse breakfast!
Garnish your banana pancakes with fresh banana slices and sprinkle with some toasted coconut or drizzle with your favorite maple or agave syrup. Toss in a few chocolate chips before you start cooking for a melty, sweet treat. You could even roll up a sausage link in a pancake for an extra punch of protein for breakfast on the go! Any way you choose to make them, we recommend dancing to a little Jack Johnson while you are whipping these babies up and pretend like it’s the weekend now. Ain’t no need to go outside.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- cooking spray or oil
- Start by smashing up your banana with a whisk, fork or masher until they are a smooth and creamy consistency. A few lumps are okay but you will want most of the big chucks mashed up.
- Add in the eggs and whisk until incorporated. Mix in cinnamon.
- Heat your pan or electric skillet on medium-high heat. Spray generously with cooking spray or oil.
- Carefully pour or spoon out banana batter onto heated skillet. We made our pancakes about 4in in diameter.
- Let pancake cook for about 2-3 mins until the edges start to dry, then flip and cook on the opposite side for another 2-3 mins.
- Serve warm with your favorite pancake toppings.