If you’re looking for a signature Thanksgiving cocktail, we’ve got the perfect mix for you. Espresso to wake you from your turkey-induced coma, and flavors of the season like almonds (OK, amaretto liqueur) and chocolate (OK, chocolate liqueur).
With uncertainty of its origin, there is a story about the Godfather cocktail that we can easily remember. It is said that it was Marlon Brando’s favorite drink in the 70’s. He was the actor playing the titular role of Mario Puzo’s The Godfather. Inspired by this popular two-ingredient cocktail, two other ingredients are added to make the flavor more robust with intense flavors. Espresso and chocolate liqueur both complement the almond flavor of the amaretto while the Scotch whisky gives the smooth alcoholic kick.
- 1-1/2 tablespoon unsweetened espresso
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur
- In an espresso maker, prepare the coffee. When it is done, let it cool down.
- In a mixing glass, mix the espresso, Scotch whisky, amaretto and the chocolate liqueur.
- Pour the mixture over ice in a glass and serve immediately.