The combination of cauliflower and roasted garlic, lemons, thyme, and Parmesan will have you salivating before it even leaves the oven! This simple cauliflower side dish is elevated by using the best and freshest ingredients I could find: veggies and herbs from my local farmers market, and real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese because of it’s bold flavor.
When making a simple meal, go for the best ingredients you can find and it will make all the difference. This simple side dish is perfect in the springtime for lunch or dinner, or makes a festive and rustic holiday side dish. It’s a great way to turn an otherwise bland veggie into a showstopper.
- 1 small to medium head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 lemon, sliced seeds removed
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ½ - ¾ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss garlic, thyme, lemon slices, and cauliflower florets in olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Spread out in an even layer on baking sheet and top with grated Parmigiano.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and garlic is golden.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with lemon zest and more Parmigiano if desired.