Whether you’re hosting a group of little ghouls or a gang of fun-loving grown-ups, there’s no question that Halloween brings out the kid in all of us. And the fun doesn’t have to stop at crazy costumes, candy and decorations!
Bring the spookiness to your serving table with this tasty and healthy graveyard hummus dip, complete with homemade coffin pita chips! By serving these dips individually, they can be easily transported to a Halloween get-together, and makes the perfect party food. These recipes will serve between 8 and 10 ghoulish guests.
Coffin-shaped pita chips how-to
This creepy and cool Halloween recipe all starts with fresh pita bread cut into little coffin shapes, which are then seasoned and toasted. (You can cut the pita by hand, of course, but many people find a coffin-shaped cookie cutter makes the job easier.)
Get the whole recipe for these Halloween pitas below!
Make your graveyard hummus dip & put it into Halloween-themed serving-size cups
You can get store-bought hummus, or make your own! We have three fantabulous recipes you can try: Colorful hummus trio: red, orange & green.
Mini coffins made from pita bread
- 10 ounces Classic Hummus
- 20 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- Kalamata olives, chopped
- Transfer hummus into a small serving bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes, cucumber and Kalamata olives. Finely chop the chives.
- In individual bowls or on a serving platter, set out all ingredients.
- Invite your guests to fill a treat cup or ramekins, starting with hummus, adding on tomatoes and cucumbers and finishing with another layer of hummus, chopped olives (dirt!) and chopped chives (grass!).
- Alternatively, skip the individual cups and layer everything in a clear serving dish.
- Serve alongside a bowl of coffin pita chips for a ghoulishly tasty treat.
Powered By Cookbook