Fragrant herbs bring mouthwatering aroma and show-stopping flavor to this savory holiday favorite. Be sure to save the pan juices to make a rich turkey gravy.
Herb Rubbed Roasted Turkey Recipe
- 1 whole turkey, (12 to 14 pounds), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 2 tablespoons McCormick rubbed saged OR 2 tablespoons Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper, Ground
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick Nutmeg, Ground
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 6 McCormick Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place roasting rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Mix sage, paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl.
- Place turkey, breast-side up, in prepared pan. (For easy cleanup, line roasting pan with heavy duty foil.)
- Sprinkle about 1/2 of the seasoning mixture inside turkey. Stuff with onion and bay leaves. Brush turkey breast with oil. Spread remaining seasoning mixture over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add 1/2 cup water to pan. Cover turkey loosely with heavy duty foil.
- Roast 1 hour. Remove foil. Roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (175 degrees F in thigh), basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes. Transfer to platter or carving board to slice. Reserve pan juices to make gravy or to serve with turkey.
Powered By Cookbook
Turkey recipe and photograph courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.