Asparagus ribbon salad with garlicky breadcrumbs and lemon mint vinaigrette
- 4–6 slices good-quality breadNote: The better the bread, the better the breadcrumbs. You don’t have to fly to France to pick up a baguette, but avoid using soft, presliced, packaged breads. Look to the bakery section of your store instead. I use La Brea Bakery Italian Round Loaf for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeastNote: You can sub 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to replace the walnuts and nutritional yeast if you aren’t living a vegan lifestyle. Regardless, the walnuts and nutritional yeast are a dynamite combo!
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Zest from 1 lemon (reserve lemon for dressing)
Lemon mint vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch (about 1/2 cup) fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice from 1 lemon (left over from breadcrumb prep, above)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ cup garlicky breadcrumbs
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, slices
- Lemon Mint Dressing (to taste)an assortment of edible flowers*Note: Edible flowers may be hard to find locally depending on where you live. I often find them at the farmers market and sometimes at Whole Foods near the herbs. These are mainly for presentation so they are not necessary for the flavors in the recipe. Whatever you do, please do not add flowers from the florist or the grocery store! These are often sprayed with pesticides and artificial scents, and could be dangerous to your health.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at https://www.thanksgiving.com/easter/easter-recipes/easter-brunch-breakfast-recipes/easter-shaved-asparagus-salad/