Jellybean 'Dole Whip'
- 1/2 cup jelly beans of choice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine jellybeans and water.
- Heat gently until jellybeans have mostly dissolved, 5–7 minutes (jellybeans will not fully dissolve).
- Using strainer and small, heat-safe bowl, strain syrup and let cool.
- In blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients with cooled syrup. Blend until all ingredients are of smooth consistency. (You may have to scrape down sides.)
- Place mixture in ice-cream maker and follow instructions for machine. Mixture should be ready to serve in 20–30 minutes.
- Top soft-serve or mix in additional jellybeans if desired.
No ice cream or soft-serve maker?
- Use frozen pineapple chunks and freeze pineapple juice in ice cube trays.
- Use blender or food processor to combine all ingredients.
- Blend until ingredients reach thick smoothie consistency. (Add more frozen pineapple if too thin; add more pineapple juice if too thick.)
- Serve immediately (Option: To mimic soft-serve, place mixture in piping bag and pipe into your serving dish or cup).
- After straining syrup, discard solids and rinse strainer immediately. Leftover jellybean solids solidify quickly and are difficult to clean up.
- Store remaining mixture in freezer-safe container.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at https://www.thanksgiving.com/easter/easter-recipes/easter-dessert-recipes/jellybean-dole-whip-recipe/