Jalapeno popper dip
Yield 6-8 servings
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced, seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- One 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add jalapenos and garlic and cook, stirring often, until mixture begins to turn translucent. Do not let the peppers burn! Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese and sour cream on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese and mix until blended.
- Add the cooked jalapenos and garlic. Stir until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, melted butter, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in a greased 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb topping over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the dip is hot and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with an assortment of chips and crackers.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at https://www.thanksgiving.com/celebrations/jalapeno-popper-dip/