This perky little pinecone owl captures the whimsy and enchantment of the holiday season! With owl decorations all the buzz at stores like Pottery Barn and Bath and Body Works, these forestland hoots bring an artsy touch to the latest trend.
This too-cute owl craft project is also easy to assemble with the help of a hot glue gun (the magic wand of the crafting world).
Make a charming new friend
Simple, everyday supplies transform the pinecones into the wisest of animals.
Supplies for each pinecone owl
- 1 pinecone
- 3-5 large cotton balls
- 2 brown pipe cleaners/chenille sticks (here’s another project you can make with these!)
- Crafting feathers
- 2 googly eyes
- Small decorative shell
- Hot glue gun
- Optional: wood stand
Directions: How to make a pinecone owl craft
- Gently separate the cotton balls and spread the cotton all over the pinecone.
- Coil the pipe cleaners as shown.
- Hot-glue the coiled pipe cleaner coils to the owl.
- Put some hot glue onto the crevice above the chenille eyes.
- Place the feathers on top of the hot glue so they are between and above the eyes.
- Glue the googly eyes in the middle of the chenille coils.
- Hot-glue the decorative shell in the middle of coils like a nose.
Remember: Birds of a feather flock together — so make more than one! Then enjoy your wise new winter friends — and just see how long it takes before someone asks you where you got the little holiday critters.