This fabulous DIY photo collage memory board is very simple to create, and makes an especially excellent gift for grandparents. As a fun bonus, you get to have some crafty fun with a multi-purpose craft glue/sealant like Mod Podge, which is basically the hot-glue gun’s younger and better-looking brother!
Celebrate the season with a special keepsake
Oh, Mod Podge. How do I love thee? You adhere, gloss over, refinish and add just the right touch to nearly every craft. The art of decoupage is made super simple with just this one supply, and you can choose a glossy or matte finish. (Looking for an alternative? Some crafty bloggers we know also recommend using Elmer’s Glue-All.)
By using a rustic wooden board as a display, your gift is not only out of the ordinary, but it also keeps up with the latest home decor trend.
You will be creating a meaningful keepsake for your family, and it’s a smart way to display your year in review. And if you think you might want to make these annually and want to make it clear which year each one is from, print out the year number on a piece of paper, trim it as you like, and add it to the board along with your pictures.
Now, go gather up those family photos, find a wood board, get some craft glue, and get your family on board!
Supplies for a photo collage memory board
- Craft glue/sealant (like Mod Podge or Elmer’s Glue All)
- Sponge brush
- Wood board
- Several photographs or paper decorations
- Hanging twine (optional)
Directions for photo collage memory board
- Brush a thin coat of Mod Podge onto the front of the wood board, from edge to edge.
- Arrange and place the photos around the board, laying them out in a collage format. It’s okay to have things overlap, if you desire.
- Once you have the pictures in place, brush another coat of Mod Podge all over — across the pictures and all over the backing board.
- Attach your hanging twine, if you’re using any.
If you don’t want to hang it up, simply display it on a tabletop. Give it a try!