Everyone loves a delicious dip, particularly an easy-peasy one — and especially a dip that does not require you turn on your oven in the spring and summer heat.
This dip emphasizes the delicious and classic combination of broccoli and bacon. It requires minimal effort, a mixture of broccoli, two cheeses, and bacon, plus some culinary magic — and turns it all into a summertime dip-tastic, drool-worthy appetizer.
This Cheesy Slow Cooker Bacon and Broccoli Dip is creamy, crunchy, smooth, cheesy, salty, savory, and totally satisfying. Plus with broccoli as the main ingredient, we can call it healthy, too… right?
With just 10 minutes of prep time involved, you can prepare this snack recipe and kick back and wait for your slow cooker to melt it into cheesy perfection. This pairs awesomely with pretty much any beverage, too — lemonade, soda, iced tea… beer, wine, cocktails. It’s quite versatile, and that’s why we love it!
This dip is especially yummy when garnished with spicy chopped scallions and extra crumbled bacon. Serve with toasted baguette slices, tortilla chips, pita chips, vegetables like carrots of celery sticks, or garlic bread. Bon appetit!
Cheesy slow cooker bacon and broccoli dip
Serves 6 -8
- 6 slices center cut bacon, diced
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped (about 2 small heads)
- 8 oz. room temperature cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy and cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside to drain.
- Drain off all but 2 teasopons bacon grease (reserve remaining bacon grease for another use). Add the diced onion, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until soft and translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Transfer the onions and bacon to the slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients through salt and pepper.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook the dip on LOW for 2-3 hours, or until the broccoli is tender, but not mushy, and the cheese is melted, stirring halfway through cook time. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Garnish with optional toppings.
Powered By Cookbook