If you’re a traditionalist and want to try stuffing the turkey this year, it can be done in a few simple steps. It really does make for a super flavorful and moist stuffing!
Of course, technically, if you don’t stuff your bird, it’s not “stuffing” — it’s “dressing.” But the terms are used pretty synonymously.
How to stuff a turkey in 3 easy steps
Note: As a safety precaution, don’t stuff your bird until you’re ready to put it in the oven, and make sure the stuffing (not just the turkey) reaches a temperature of 165 F.
- Prepare your stuffing and allow to cool, then season your bird.
- Pack the stuffing loosely into the neck cavity of your bird — don’t overstuff!
- Now perfect your trussing skills — Place the turkey breast side up in a roasting pan and tie the drumsticks together with kitchen string, as shown in the video.
Next, simply follow these steps for how to roast a turkey, and you’re on your way to a delicious and traditional Thanksgiving feast!
More delicious stuffing recipes from Thanksgiving.com
- Sausage, pear and chestnut stuffing
- Triple mushroom stuffing recipe
- Chorizo and kale stuffing
- 10 Thanksgiving stuffing recipes
- Pumpkin challah stuffing
- Bacon-wrapped stuffing balls
- Cheesy broccoli-cheddar stuffing