Spicy mini bacon cheeseballs
Yield 18 servings
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crispy and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 18 pretzel sticks
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and jalapeno until well blended.
- Using a tablespoon or melon baller, scoop out some cheese and roll into a ball.
- Continue rolling remainder of cheese into similarly sized balls.
- Arrange all cheese balls on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill in refrigerator for minimum of 1 hour to set.
- In shallow saucer or bowl, place cooked bacon, chives and pecans. Mix well.
- Roll each ball completely on all sides into bacon mixture. Place on serving tray.
- Insert pretzel stick into each ball and serve.
Note: Wait to insert pretzel sticks into tops of cheeseballs until ready to serve.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at https://www.thanksgiving.com/videos/spicy-mini-bacon-cheeseballs/