These adorable Spring Chicken Easter Cookies are super simple, sweet and scrumptious! With only a few ingredients, you’ll be enjoying these festive and citrusy cookies—flavored with Orangesicle cake mix!—in just minutes. The kids will have a blast helping you to decorate the cute chickadee faces, too. It’s the perfect edible craft for Easter weekend! Just press a couple of candy eyeballs and “Starburst beaks” onto these easy-to-make, yellow-frosted cookies and share with coworkers, classmates and friends. These holiday treats will surely entertain.
Spring Chicken Easter Cookies
- 1 package Orangesicle Cake Mix
- ¾ cup shortening
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 container pre-made vanilla frosting
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 package (.88 oz) Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- 1 package Starburst minis
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix together the cake mix, shortening, orange extract and eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Using your hands, roll cookie dough into balls about 1½“ diameter (the size of large melon balls).
- Place on a greased cookie sheet or use a Silpat baking mat.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until the edges just begin to turn brown.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet before frosting.
- To make the frosting, empty the can of vanilla frosting into a bowl and add the yellow food coloring. Mix well. Frost each cookie generously with the yellow icing.
- To make the orange beak, take an orange mini Starburst and cut it on the diagonal most of the way through. Fold candy back up to form a beak. Place it in the middle of the cookie and then add the candy eyes above it. I used other mini Starburst cut in half for the top of the chicken’s head.
Powered By Cookbook