Don’t make your guests starve before you serve up the Thanksgiving feast. Instead, break out this great Bacon and caramelized onion dip recipe when you have family and friends gathered to celebrate!
This bacon dip is easy to make, and it’s loaded with sweet caramelized onions and pieces of slightly salty bacon. Serve this creamy dip with your favorite chips or veggie sticks, for a snack no one can resist.
Bacon and Caramelized Onion Dip
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled, with about 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 large yellow onions, sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chips and fresh vegetables for dipping
- Add the butter to a skillet over low heat. When the butter melts, add the onions and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Allow the onions to cook for about 30 minutes over low heat. Stir the onions often as they cook. You may need to add a bit of water to the skillet if you find the onions stick. Scrap up and loosen any pieces that may stick. The water should evaporate as the onions cook.
- Remove the onions from the heat when they are golden and soft.
- Let the onions cool to the touch. Dice them into small pieces. Reserve about one teaspoon for topping.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the chopped onions and bacon crumbles and mix thoroughly.
- Add the reserved bacon and onions to the top of the mixture as garnish.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Powered By Cookbook