Everyone loves Mexican seven-layer dip, but serving it can be… less than appealing. After a few scoops are removed, it usually loses its neat layered look, and the serving spoon becomes a sticky mess. You eventually have a bowl of brown goo that nobody wants to eat.
But don’t fear: We have the perfect snacking solution!
Our mini seven-layer dips are small in size, but feature maximum flavor and a pristine presentation. We have combined all of the zesty tastes and textures that you love in your favorite Mexican dishes (like nachos) in adorable, easy-to-serve cups. No fuss, no muss.
They are perfectly portioned and cleverly designed to prevent double-dipping. There is absolutely no messy spoon-scooping involved, so these cups look great and stay that way from start to finish. And you can personalize each cup to fit the individual tastes of your partygoers. Your aunt doesn’t like olives? No problem! You can make an olive-free cup just for her.
Our meatless cups are vegetarian-friendly, but you can add your own choice of meats for the carnivores in your life. These taste great with seasoned ground beef, shredded chicken or grilled steak — or keep with the vegetarian theme and choose soy crumbles and vegan-friendly beans.
If you’re looking to cut a few calories, substitute low-fat plain yogurt for the sour cream, and use fat-free refried beans or seasoned black or pinto beans. A lower-calorie cheese such as queso fresco is also a great alternative.
Cilantro makes a nice garnish on top of these cups, and they go well with classic tortilla chips and raw veggies such as sliced cucumbers, radishes and carrot chips.
To make assembly easier, place creamy items inside a plastic bag and snip off a tiny corner. Then you can squeeze in just the right amount of sour cream, beans or guacamole to keep those lovely layers looking sharp.
Serve them in glass tumblers, mason jars, or even disposable/recyclable plastic cups! They’re sure to be a hit at any potluck, football game or barbecue.
Mini seven-layer dip
Serves 8 cups
- One 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 1 cup homemade guacamole
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch scallions, sliced
- One 2-1/4 ounce can of black olives, drained and sliced
- Eight 9-ounce clear plastic cups
- Tortilla chips
- In small bowl, mix taco seasoning with refried beans.
- Assemble layers as follows for each cup:
- Beans with taco seasoning: 2 tablespoons
- Sour cream: 2 tablespoons
- Guacamole: 2 tablespoons
- Pico de gallo: 2 tablespoons
- Shredded cheese: 2 tablespoons
- Tomatoes: 2 teaspoons
- Green onions and olives: 1 teaspoon
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, garnish each cup with two or three tortilla chips.
Powered By Cookbook