Planning a party and need a dip that will wow a hungry crowd? Let the slow-cooker do the work for you on this pale ale corn dip recipe, inspired by Cooking and Beer.
Slow-cookers are renowned for creating stews and braises, but they can do so much more. This dip is just one example. Simply add the ingredients, program the cooker, and walk away. When your guests arrive a few hours later, your dip will be ready and waiting.
What makes this dip so good? Maybe it’s the always-right combo of cheese and beer. It could be the way the spices complement the textures of corn and peppers. Perhaps it’s the bacon. (Isn’t it always the bacon?) In any case, it all works.
If you’ve never imagined beer and cheese together, let this pale ale corn dip be your “gateway food” to many more such combinations. Once you try it, you might even be inspired to host a beer and cheese pairing party — serving this dip as a sampling, of course!
You can use frozen corn kernels to make the prep easier, but go for fresh when it’s in season. Pick up the garlic and peppers at the farmers market while you’re at it. If you like heat, include the seeds of the jalapeño and add a pinch or two of cayenne or some minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce.
This slow-cooker pale ale corn dip is best served hot, so just keep it in your slow-cooker on the “warm” setting, stirring occasionally, until your guests arrive. Then transfer the dip to a stoneware serving dish and offer it with tortilla chips.>> Click here to jump straight to the recipe
Pour frozen corn into slow-cooker
Add jalapenos to Slow-cooker pale ale corn dip
Add red bell peppers
Pour cheese into slow-cooker
Scoop sour cream into Slow-cooker pale ale corn dip
Pour in pale ale beer
Add chili powder to slow-cooker
Mix ingredients together for Slow-cooker pale ale corn dip
Place cream cheese into mixture
Mix ingredients together for Slow-cook pale ale corn dip
Top with bacon and green onion
So many great flavors and textures
Creamy cheese, crispy bacon and sweet corn are delicious together!
Slow-cooker pale ale corn dip makes a festive party platter
No one will be able to resist a bite!
MORE: A dozen delicious dips
Want to try some?
Slow-cooker pale ale corn dip
Serves 10 servings
- 3-1/2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and stem removed, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pale ale beer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 strips bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- Green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Tortilla chips (assorted colors)
- In slow cooker, combine corn, jalapeño, red bell pepper, garlic, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, pale ale beer, cumin, chili powder and onion powder. Add generous pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Scatter cream cheese pieces on top of corn mixture.
- Cover slow-cooker and cook for 4 hours on high, or 6–8 hours on low.
- When ready to serve, stir melted cream cheese into corn mixture until incorporated.
- Garnish with bacon and green onions. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Powered By Cookbook