This cheese dip is enticingly bold, creamy, and piquant — and with the addition of chipotle peppers, it has just the right amount of smokiness. It will bring your guests to their feet, and there doesn’t even have to be a game on!
The zesty chipotle and jalapeno peppers, offset by the smoothness of rich Monterey Jack and extra sharp cheddar cheeses, plus velvety cream cheese, make this recipe completely addictive. This chunky dip pairs fantastically with tortilla chips, crackers, or even veggies.
It’s a one bowl stir and chill dip that can be easily made ahead. If you’re looking for big flavor that your guests will go crazy for, this is the perfect recipe to whip up before the Big Game.
Spicy game day cheese dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, grated
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and very finely diced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers, or to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Lawry’s Seasoning Salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, grated onion, and green onions until smooth.
- Add finely diced chipotle peppers and red bell pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, diced jalapeno peppers, and adobo sauce. Add additional adobo sauce for more smoke and heat, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving chilled. Enjoy!
Powered By Cookbook