Our spicy mini bacon cheeseballs are the perfect appetizer for every kind of party! We’ve taken the flavors of bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers and changed them into easier-to-make and super-fun-to-eat version.
Everyone loves poppers, but they can be time-consuming and not-so-fun to make. Don’t worry: We have a faster alternative that still packs a flavor punch.
The best news: You don’t have to spend hours stuffing filling into halved jalapeños and then wrapping them with bacon.
Our faster method blends cream cheese, cheddar cheese, diced jalapeños and a hint of garlic for a zesty filling that is then rolled in a mixture of chives, smoky chopped bacon, and crunchy toasted pecans.
The result is a tasty, smooth melding of textures and flavors. First, you bite through the crunchy, savory outer coating, and then the creamy, cheesy, peppery center overwhelms your tastebuds.
You don’t even have to turn on your oven to make these! Just scoop, roll, chill and get ready to nosh.
- We used fresh jalapeños, but in a pinch, canned will do.
- No bacon handy? You also can use precooked bacon bits.
- Using a melon baller is an easy way to create uniform cheese balls.
These tiny taste bombs are fun to eat because they have edible handles made out of salty little pretzel sticks. Make plenty — they’re totally addictive, and are sure to disappear quickly!
Spicy mini bacon cheeseballs
Serves 18 servings
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crispy and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 18 pretzel sticks
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and jalapeno until well blended.
- Using a tablespoon or melon baller, scoop out some cheese and roll into a ball.
- Continue rolling remainder of cheese into similarly sized balls.
- Arrange all cheese balls on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill in refrigerator for minimum of 1 hour to set.
- In shallow saucer or bowl, place cooked bacon, chives and pecans. Mix well.
- Roll each ball completely on all sides into bacon mixture. Place on serving tray.
- Insert pretzel stick into each ball and serve.
Note: Wait to insert pretzel sticks into tops of cheeseballs until ready to serve.
Powered By Cookbook