A tasty twist on cornbread, golden squash muffins are especially delicious when served with butter and honey.
Golden squash muffins
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup cooked, mashed butternut or buttercup squash
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin (regular size dozen) with butter.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender (I use clean hands) or knives until mixture is like fine crumbs.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl; stir in squash, orange peel and milk.
- Add to flour mixture until just blended.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 cups full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and center is done when tested with a toothpicks.
- Serve with butter and honey.
Powered By Cookbook