This holiday season, it’s okay to take a few shortcuts — which is great, because one of the quickest and tastiest ways to get golden brown breadsticks bursting with buttery goodness is with prepackaged dough!
We’re taking packaged pizza dough, brushing it with melted butter and fresh rosemary, and twisting it up to make fresh-from-the-oven rosemary breadsticks. The pre-made dough gives these breadsticks a delicious flaky texture. Your Thanksgiving and Christmas guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen preparing these twisty breads… but your secret is safe with us.
Rosemary breadstick twists
- One 13.8-ounce container refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary (roughly 2 tablespoons chopped)
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop rosemary. In a small bowl, combine chopped rosemary and olive oil.
- Unroll the refrigerated pizza dough and lay it out on a cutting board. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1-1/2" wide strips. Note: Do not separate the strips yet -- leave them in the same place for the next step.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil and rosemary mixture over the cut strips.
- Twist each strip and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the bread sticks are golden brown. Transfer the breadsticks from the baking sheet to a basket and serve warm.
Powered By Cookbook