You don’t want to eat too much on Thanksgiving morning because you’re saving room for the feast. But you have to nosh on a little something to tide you over. So, what do you want for Thanksgiving breakfast? Something light yet filling; different yet still familiar; beautiful yet super easy to prepare; and of course, something delicious. This is the perfect Thanksgiving breakfast recipe because the ingredients are few and common, and with just a little bit of patience (because they are mini versions), your breakfast will be a big hit on the table. These colorful mini burritos are perfect if you have holiday guests staying at your house because you can just place them out and let people graze. You could even lay out all the fillings and let people make their own! What we especially love about these is that they don’t feature any of the ingredients you’ll be getting your fill of later on in the day.
Mini Breakfast Burritos with Chorizo and Feta Cheese
- 4 (8-inch) soft flour tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 4 ounces chorizo, diced
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 big tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 fresh chives (or food strings)
- With a sharp knife, divide each tortilla to 4 pieces then set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the eggs then add the milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with olive oil, toast the chorizo lightly then pour the egg mixture. Let it sit for a few seconds until it sets then fold and stir until the eggs are set.
- Warm up the tortillas by placing them on a plate then wrap them with a damp dish towel. Warm them up in the microwave for 30 seconds. Don't warm them up all at the same time because filling up the burritos can take time.
- In the warm tortillas, distribute the scrambled eggs with chorizo, tomatoes, onions and feta. Tie them up with a chive or food string.
Powered By Cookbook