What’s better: Cookie dough or a made-from-scratch brownie? With this recipe, you don’t have to choose! This outrageously rich dessert joins your favorite sweet treats in heavenly layers of brownie and chocolate chip cookie dough, all lavishly covered with chocolate ganache.
These sweet, impressive nibbles can take center stage of your dessert table, be presented as edible gifts, or be offered to lucky visitors any time of year.
Though they require a little work and planning, you can make them days in advance so you aren’t stuck in the kitchen waiting for the brownies to cool and for the no-bake cookie dough to chill. (Bonus: You don’t need to worry about eating uncooked eggs in this dough!) Finally, the ganache conveniently whips up in just minutes.
In the unlikely event that you have leftovers, store them in the fridge.
Brownies: You can make the brownie portion of this recipe up to three days in advance. Once they’re completely cooled, wrap them tightly in plastic and store at room temperature until you’re ready to make your bars.
Cookie dough: You can make the no-bake chocolate chip cookie dough up to three days in advance, too. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to assemble the bars. Because the butter in the dough hardens when cold, you’ll need to take the dough out of the refrigerator until it softens enough to spread.
Brownie chocolate chip cookie dough bars
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter (to grease pan)
Cookie dough batter:
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chocolate morsels
- 2 cups dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place all dry ingredients for brownies (baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and flour) in large bowl and mix well.
- Mix oil and sugar in bowl and mix until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Stir dry ingredients into the oil and sugar mixture.
- Grease two square pans with butter.
- Pour batter evenly into greased pans.
- Bake brownies for 8–9 minutes, or until sides just begin to pull away.
- Cool completely in baking pan. Tip: Slide knife around edges of brownies to loosen them so later removal is easier.
- While brownies bake and cool, make no-bake cookie dough.
- In medium-sized bowl, mix flour and salt.
- In separate mixing bowl, cream sugar, brown sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Slowly add flour mixture half-cup at a time.
- Once fully combined, add milk, a tablespoon at a time, until cookie dough is loose enough to spread.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chill until ready to assemble.
- Heat cream in small saucepan until it begins to boil.
- Add chopped chocolate, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove both brownies from pans. Place one brownie back into pan.
- Add layer of cookie dough to first brownie left in pan. Spread no-bake cookie dough over it until it covers brownie completely.
- Add second brownie over cookie dough. Repeat with another layer of cookie dough. The brownie will now have four layers.
- Pour ganache over cookie dough.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool and set before serving.
- Remove and garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Powered By Cookbook