As if pairing up peanut butter and chocolate weren’t addictive enough, these caramel-peanut butter cookies (topped with caramel-filled chocolate candy Kisses) will have you hoping your holiday dinner guests are too full to eat dessert ⎯ just so you can keep all these treats for yourself!
You can’t have a holiday dessert table without offerings of irresistible cookies … and these definitely qualify as irresistible. Putting a chocolate Kiss on top of something already so delicious rockets this caramel-peanut butter cookie to the sweet stratosphere.
Adding the peanut butter
MORE HOLIDAY COOKIES: Chocolate-Kahlua snowball cookies
This recipe is a tasty little twist on the classic peanut butter blossoms cookie ⎯ a tried-and-true favorite that’s been around for years.
If a regular chocolate Kiss is good, a caramel-filled chocolate Kiss is a can’t-stop-eating holiday dessert. Our advice is to make a couple extra dozen of these holiday goodies because they will go fast!
Beat the egg before blending it in
Add the flour mixture to caramel-peanut butter cookie batter
If you want to dress these cookies up a little, roll the dough balls in colored sugar (such as red and green for Christmas, or blue for Hanukkah) instead of regular white. You could also try a sugar-sprinkles combo.
Of course, if you’re not enamored of caramel, you can use plain milk chocolate or dark chocolate Hershey’s Kisses on top instead ⎯ and these little baked desserts will be just as scrumdiddlyumptious.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES: 10 amazingly indulgent no-bake cookies
Place a Kiss on top of each caramel-peanut butter cookie
Caramel peanut butter cookie kisses
Serves 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, blended
- 1-1/2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 36 caramel Kisses (unwrapped)
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Place butter in large mixing bowl. Using mixer, beat butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add sugars and continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add peanut butter and beaten egg, water and vanilla extract. Continue to mix well.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into sugar mixture. Continue to mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll each in additional granulated sugar.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cookies on baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Immediately press 1 milk chocolate Kiss into center of each cookie. Allow cookies to cool on sheets for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets. Transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Powered By Cookbook