I know it seems really “college” to still love these little adult-style Jello jigglers, but they are really tasty and totally holiday-appropriate.
This version of the recipe, Cranberry champagne Jello shots, is spiked with champagne, so you can feel fancy while indulging in a little treat. I used sweetened cranberry juice to make these, but feel free to use unsweetened cranberry juice for a really intense flavor. The tart part pairs perfectly with the sweet gelatin mix and your favorite kind of champagne-style bubbly.
These gorgeous bright red jello shots are so simple to prepare and can be made ahead of time, making it easy to end your holiday dinner with a delicious little boozy dessert (or post-dessert treat). Just be sure to keep them away from the kids!
Cranberry champagne Jell-O shots
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cranberry Jell-O or other sweetened gelatin
- 1 cup sweet champagne
- In a small saucepan, add cranberry juice, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat once boiling, and stir in gelatin. Once the gelatin is dissolved in the liquid, let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, stir in the champagne.
- Pour into a 8x8 pan or individual Jello shot cups.
- Chill for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) and then top with sanding sugar to serve.
Powered By Cookbook