Serve up these adorable and delicious mini fruit-filled pies at your Thanksgiving Day feast! These pies will be a huge hit with guests, and save you the trouble of cutting slices, because each person can just grab their own.
I filled these pies with prepared blueberry and apple filling, but you can use your favorite — strawberries, peaches, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, anything you like! This Thanksgiving pie recipe is so easy because we use prepared pie filling — and if you wanted to simplify even further, you could just buy prepared pie crusts too.
To add a sparkly sweet touch, sprinkle some sugar on top. Oh, and don’t forget to top it off with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Individual lattice top apple pies
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups of your favorite prepared fruit filling
- Whisk together flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the shortening and butter with pastry blender, until the dough crumbles.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon cold water at a time.
- Dust your hands with flour and roll the dough into a ball.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, then roll out flat.
- Wrap dough in wax paper or saran wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- Roll down out again until it's 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Use a ramekin to cut out two circles, leaving 1 1/2 inches around for each.
- Use remaining dough to cut 4-inch long strips for the top crust.
- Press dough circles into two ramekins. Poke holes with a fork into the bottoms and sides of the dough.
- Scoop 1 cup pie filling into each dough-lined ramekin.
- Form a lattice crust by creating a criss-cross patter over the top with your dough strips.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the fruit filling is bubbly and the crust is golden.
Powered By Cookbook