Looking for a special Valentine’s drink to share with your mate to celebrate an evening of decadent love? One sip of this aphrodisiacal chocolate espresso martini and you’ll both be hooked — even obsessed — and tempted to drink more than one!
Featuring a rich rim of chocolate that leads into an indulgent blend of espresso, Kahlua, and vanilla-infused vodka, you’ll look forward to skipping dessert and going straight for this luscious drink.
Not only is it sweet on the tongue, the little boost of caffeine will perk up your senses, making it a perfect after-dinner dinner drink/dessert for a special day, like Valentine’s Day!
The Chocolate Espresso Martini can also be served for a New Year’s Eve bash with your closest friends, or for those occasional cocktail parties when you want to impress your guests.
It’s true that martinis are a sophisticated libation, but making them is a simple affair. You begin by deliciously dipping the rims of your martini glasses in melted chocolate.
While the glasses are chilling, combine the espresso, Kahlua, and vodka. Give the mixture a good shake in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Strain the cocktail into your prepared glasses, garnish with a big juicy strawberry, and get ready to sip.
Drink notes: Though this Valentine’s Day martini is best when made with espresso-machine espresso that boasts fresh brew flavor, you can certainly substitute instant espresso if you don’t have a machine. In addition, if you want give your cocktail an extra boozy kick, try Kahlua Midnight, which is higher in alcohol and exudes a stronger flavor.
Chocolate espresso martini
Serves 2 servings
- 2 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup brewed espresso, chilled
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- 1/3 cup vanilla-flavored vodka
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large strawberries
- In small bowl, combine chocolate and 1/4 cup water. Stir well.
- Place bowl over pan of barely simmering water. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Dip rims of 2 martini glasses into melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into bowl.
- Chill glasses in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In pitcher, mix espresso, Kahlua and vodka.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add Kahlua mixture and shake for 10 seconds.
- Garnish with strawberry on each glass.
- Strain mixture into prepared glasses and serve.
Powered By Cookbook