Just the name alone, “Vanilla Pear Rum Cocktail,” makes me want to inhale the fruity and sweet aromas of the fragrant vanilla and pears. Fresh pears and clementines (which are in season) and vanilla pods add a sweetly subtle flavor to this white rum cocktail. By using fresh ingredients, the cocktail is light and has a healthy side to it, which is perfect for serving on Thanksgiving Day when everyone over indulges on heavy, rich foods. This fruity, refreshing drink is quite pleasant to sip while waiting for the big Thanksgiving feast, and even afterward with a big piece of pumpkin pie.
Vanilla Pear Rum Cocktail
- 1/2 medium pear, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon clementine juice
- Clementine zest
- 1 vanilla pod (can be substituted with a few drops of vanilla extract), sliced in the middle with some seeds taken out
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1-1/4 cups tonic water
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- Place the pear at the bottom of the muddling or mixing glass, using the muddler to press out the juices.
- Strain the pear juice in the serving glass then add the honey, clementine juice, rum and some vanilla seeds. Stir well.
- Add the ice, pour the tonic water and stir.
- Garnish with the clementine zest, fresh thyme (if using) and the vanilla pod.
Powered By Cookbook
Note: You can reuse the vanilla pod by rinsing it quickly, patting it dry then storing it in a cool, dry area when the pod is completely dry.