When you’re tired of spaghetti (again), but in need of a quick pasta dinner recipe, look no further. This Creamy Chicken-Sausage and Spinach Pasta covers all your bases with your protein, starch, and veggies all in one. You really could toss almost any vegetable into this creamy white sauce, too—broccoli, bell peppers, peas, mushrooms, and onions would all be delicious in this dish. Your kids will devour this rich and garlicky pasta, and probably won’t even notice the spinach in it because it’s that good. The Parmesan adds the perfect saltiness, and the walnuts add a crunchy and nutty touch. You really can’t go wrong with this dinner idea which is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Creamy Chicken-Sausage and Spinach Pasta
- 1 pound pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound garlic chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Set a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot add in the sliced sausage and cook until fully cooked and browned.
- Add in the pasta and heavy cream.
- Stir to combine and let cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in the baby spinach, chopped walnuts, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Let the spinach wilt with the warmth of the sauce.
- Taste and season with kosher salt or more red pepper flakes if desires.
Powered By Cookbook