Balance all the richness of your classic Thanksgiving dishes with this Fresh Bruschetta Salad recipe — it’s is healthy, tart, fragrant, and brimming with Mediterranean flavors. You can never go wrong with bright, juicy tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil!
For a refreshing side dish salad, we deconstructed the most popular bruschetta in Italy, the bruschetta al pomodoro, and put together exactly the same ingredients in one chunky and colorful salad.
When you sit down to feast on Thanksgiving Day, all the decadent and creamy casseroles just scream for something fresh and acidic to cut through all the decadence. This tomato-basil salad does just the trick.
Fresh Bruschetta Salad
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and top part sliced off
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 big or 12 medium tomatoes, sliced to wedges
- 10-12 big basil leaves, finely chopped, leaving a few whole for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Toast both sides of the bread in a toaster, on a grill, griddle or dry saucepan. When they are toasted and crunchy, rub the garlic on both sides then dice with a sharp knife.
- Slice the remaining garlic very thinly with the sharp knife. Add another clove of garlic if you want it strong.
- In the salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, diced bread, garlic, basil, salt and extra virgin olive oil.
Powered By Cookbook