The perfect side salad for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is full of heavy, rich dishes and this light, chilled side salad is the perfect complement to your Thanksgiving Day feast. This arugula salad with cranberries, goat cheese, carrots and walnuts encompasses the tastes of fall with nutty, bitter, and tart flavors.
The slightly spicy arugula paired with cooked carrots, tart cranberries, and creamy goat cheese tossed with a touch of olive oil-based red wine vinaigrette is the perfect combination. This is a very quick and easy salad to make, and balances well with many of Thanksgiving’s dishes.
Thanksgiving salad with arugula and cranberries
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook chopped carrots in 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat stirring occasionally until tender (about 7 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, the red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Toss the arugula with the vinaigrette, and top with dried cranberries, cooked carrots, crumbled goat cheese, and sliced almonds.
Powered By Cookbook