This Thanksgiving, transform your traditional stuffing recipe into this veggie and meat filled side dish, Chorizo and Kale Cornbread Stuffing! Chorizo adds a salty, smoky flavor, while the kale adds crunchy texture and is full of nutrients. Change things up this holiday with a different spin to a Thanksgiving classic side dish.
Chorizo and Kale Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 package cornbread mix, I used Fleishmann's Simply Homemade Cornbread Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup milk, I used 1%
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 pound chorizo
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 18-22 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Cut the cornbread into one-inch cubes and spread evenly on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes and allow to completely cool.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Pour the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until completely cooked through. Add the chopped kale in and stir around for another 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the cooked cornbread croutons, chorizo and kale mixture, parsley, sage, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in chicken broth and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
Powered By Cookbook