If your Thanksgiving plate looks anything like ours, it’s so overflowing that there’s always something that just doesn’t make it on the plate on the first helping. We’re solving that problem by serving the sweet potatoes on the side, served with a heaping topping of crunchy, buttery pecan praline! You cannot serve a Thanksgiving feast without the sweet potato casserole, and serving them in mini individual ramekins just adds a fun little twist. This recipe is sweet and smooth, but the chopped pecan topping adds the perfect crunch. If you’re looking for a sweet potato casserole without marshmallows, this is for you!
Mini Sweet Potato Casseroles with Candied Pecans
- 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs, gently beaten
- ½ c. milk
- 4 T. butter, melted
- Praline topping:
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup flour
- 4 T. butter, divided into small cubes
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir the sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla, beaten eggs, milk and butter together until thoroughly combined.
- Divide evenly between ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine the pecans, flour, butter and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle the praline over the sweet potato mixture, dividing evenly amongst the ramekins.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Powered By Cookbook