Whether you’re looking to use up your leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes, or want to turn your mashed potatoes into a healthier veggie casserole, this is the side dish for you!
Zucchini and potato pie is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes if you don’t have time to make it from scratch. With mozzarella and provolone, robust seasonings, potatoes and zucchini, this is one pie you won’t soon forget.
Zucchini and potato pie
- 1 pound (3 medium) potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces mozzarella or provolone cheese, diced fine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, or 1/2 tsp. dried, crushed
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Drain, peel and mash, using a potato masher, ricer or food mill.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 9 inch pie plate and sprinkle with half the crumbs.
- Fill plate with the potato mixture, smoothing top.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake 30 minutes until pie is puffed and golden.
Powered By Cookbook