OK, we have the most delicious way to use up those Thanksgiving leftover cranberries and turkey! This Cheesy Turkey Quesadilla with a Cranberry Salsa recipe makes the perfect weekend lunch or dinner, and the kids will love it too! With just a few simple ingredients, these turkey quesadillas are ready in no time. Simply chop up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey, top with mozzarella, and grill! Then, top with an easy and citrusy homemade cranberry salsa.
Cheesy Turkey Quesadilla with a Cranberry Salsa
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 and 1/2 cups leftover turkey, coarsely chopped
- 1 and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup canned cranberries
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Optional: sour cream
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay out four large tortillas.
- Evenly disperse the chopped turkey among the tortillas. Evenly top the turkey with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Lay the remaining flour tortillas over the cheese and then slice the tortillas into large slices.
- Place the tortillas on the preheated skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat if they are cooking too quickly.
- Meanwhile combine the cranberries from the can, the freshly diced cranberries, the parsley, lemon juice, and white sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for about 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- If desired, top the cooked quesadillas with sour cream. Top each with a large spoonful of the cranberry salsa.
- Enjoy immediately.
Powered By Cookbook