Using your air fryer to cook turkey breast is a brilliant way to either free up your oven on Thanksgiving Day, or supplement the turkey that you already have cooking in your oven. But the best part is that the results are fantastic! Delicious, crispy, brown skin and juicy, tender meat. What more could you ask for?
This recipe was masterfully created by Meredith Laurence, host of Blue Jean Chef®. If you haven’t used an air fryer, it’s an amazing kitchen appliance that cooks while adding a crispy layer thanks to circulated hot air. It’s a healthier option than a deep fryer (your food will not be bathing in oil), but it still gives you that crispy fried goodness you crave. But the biggest benefit of air frying a turkey? You can make it in half the time! A 5lb turkey can take less than 60 minutes. More time for cocktails and pie!
For more air fryer recipes and tips, visit Meredith Laurence and be sure to pick up Air Fry Everything, Fast Favorites Under Pressure, Delicious Under Pressure, Comfortable Under Pressure and Comfortable in The Kitchen. Air Fry Everything is available December 1!
Air-Fried Turkey Breast with Maple Mustard Glaze
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5-pound whole turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pre heat air fryer to 350ºF.
- Brush the olive oil all over the turkey breast.
- Combine the thyme, sage, paprika, salt and pepper and rub the outside of the turkey breast with the spice mixture.
- Transfer the seasoned turkey breast to the air fryer basket and air-fry at 350ºF for 25 minutes. Turn the turkey breast on its side and air-fry for another 12 minutes. Turn the turkey breast on the opposite side and air-fry for another 12 minutes. The internal temperature of the turkey breast should reach 165ºF when fully cooked.
- While the turkey is air-frying, combine the maple syrup, mustard and butter in a small saucepan. When the cooking time is up, return the turkey breast to an upright position and brush the glaze all over the turkey. Air-fry for a final 5 minutes, until the skin is nicely browned and crispy. Let the turkey rest, loosely tented with foil, for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Powered By Cookbook