As much as I love stuffing, cheesy potatoes and turkey at Thanksgiving, I need a little green in my life. I always crave salad, even during the holidays. Especially when said salad is topped with apples, goat cheese, cranberries and pumpkin seeds. It’s an in-your-face salad extravaganza.
Just to make this salad even more fall-inspired, I made the vinaigrette out of pumpkin seed oil, honey, champagne vinegar and just a touch of garlic. This salad is totally delicious and perfect for your holiday feast or just a normal weekday lunch. Your Thanksgiving guests will be asking you for the recipe for this Autumn Chopped Kale and Spinach Salad.
Autumn Chopped Kale Salad
- 8 cups baby kale and spinach mix
- 2 large apples, cubed
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seed oil
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Add kale and spinach mix to a large platter or salad bowl.
- Top with apples, goat cheese, cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add orange juice, honey, pumpkin seed oil, champagne oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Whisk to fully combine and drizzle over salad.
Powered By Cookbook