This colorful Beet, Apple and Orange Salad will brighten up any Thanksgiving spread. It includes a healthy combination of freshly cooked beets, chopped apples and oranges tossed in a sweetened balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top for a nice texture and extra health benefits! This is a crisp and cool salad to accompany all those other rich and creamy Thanksgiving side dishes. Your guests will appreciate the balance this tart and fresh dish brings to the table.
Beet, Apple and Orange Salad
Serves 4 -6
- 2 gala apples, cored and chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 4 beets
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Bring a pot of water and 1 tbsp white vinegar to boil.
- Add the beets to the boiling water and cook for 35 minutes, until tender.
- Allow the beets to cool to touch, then peel and chop them.
- Add the beets, apples and oranges to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top of the salad when ready to serve.
Powered By Cookbook