This quick and easy Crockpot Quinoa and Butternut Squash Soup will serve as a comforting Thanksgiving appetizer. Make sure your guests don’t get too hungry before the feast with this slightly spicy, hearty soup recipe made with the addition of enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, corn and black beans. This Thanksgiving soup is made in the slow cooker too, so you can make it ahead and set it and forget it.
Crockpot Quinoa and Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 cups butternut squash, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeño, optional
- 1 can (19 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning
- Optional toppings: shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh lime juice, sour cream, chopped parsley
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Peel and deseed the butternut squash. Cut it into cubes and place in the slow cooker.
- Add in the corn, drained and rinsed black beans, rinsed quinoa (I rinse mine in a fine mesh sieve), minced garlic, undrained fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, the vegetable or chicken broth, and the packet of taco seasoning.
- Give everything a really good stir, cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the quinoa is cooked and the butternut squash is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir everything together really well.
- Season with any additional spices and/or salt and pepper if desired.
- Top bowls with optional toppings - some shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh lime juice, sour cream, and parsley.
Powered By Cookbook