Winter cauliflower rice bowl
Yield 4 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1 tablespoon each, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cups butternut squash cubes, about 1/2 medium squash
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can white cannellini beans, drained, about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces (about 4 cups) riced cauliflower
- 1/8 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 cup minced fresh thyme
- 2 cups baby kale, cut into thin ribbons
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 firm-ripe pear, sliced
- Place all sauce ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat oven 425F.
- Place quinoa and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until done.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place diced butternut on one baking sheet and onion wedges on the other baking sheet. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large electric skillet set on medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic cloves. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add riced cauliflower to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add fresh rosemary and thyme and toss well. Remove skillet from heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Place drained white beans on one of the just-used baking sheets and place in oven for 3 to 5 minutes to warm through.
- Using four shallow bowls or one large serving bowl, add ingredients in the following order: cauliflower rice, quinoa, roasted butternut squash, roasted red onions, white beans, kale, nuts, and pear slices.
- Drizzle with cranberry sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Courses Side dish
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at https://www.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/winter-cauliflower-rice-bowl-is-a-wonderful-option-for-a-holiday-side-dish-your-guests-will-love/