Is it Taco Tuesday yet? With these fruit-filled pancake tacos, based on a recipe inspired by The Starving Chef Blog, you won’t even want to wait until dinner, let alone until Tuesday.
These pancake fruit tacos are about to become a regular guest at your table. Quick, easy and healthy for breakfast, brunch or dinner, there’s really no wrong time to serve these.
Bananas, strawberries, blueberries and star fruit come together beautifully in this sweet “taco” shell. But why limit yourself? Use whatever fruits you like best or have on hand. Make a fruit bar for the family. Or how about saying that an award goes to the most creative taco?!
Peanut butter can serve as the “glue” that holds everything together (and adds a bit of protein), but we skipped that in order to let the taste of the fresh fruit really shine. Maple syrup is responsible for the extra sweetness on top in our version, but honey, strawberry syrup, blueberry syrup, lemon curd or a nut butter would be great, too. Mix and match ingredients to make your tacos organic or low-sugar to fit your diet.
ALSO SEE: Copycat IHOP pancakes
Speaking of healthy goodness, you can use half white and half wheat flour for some added fiber without changing the taste or texture of the pancakes too much. Add some vanilla protein powder to the batter for an extra boost of protein, or try some Greek yogurt. And why not toss in some granola while you’re at it for a little extra crunch? There are so many possible combinations, you could eat these every weekend for a year and not repeat exactly what you did before.
Lazy Sunday mornings, birthday breakfast in bed, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Easter brunch, slumber parties — there’s just no occasion when these wouldn’t be a welcome treat. Kids get to make it themselves, you get a healthy breakfast, and everyone gets delicious choices!>> Click here to jump straight to the recipe
Whisk ingredients together in bowl to start your pancake tacos
Pour pancake batter onto hot griddle
Flip to cook other side of your pancakes
Allow other side of pancakes to get golden brown
Place cooked pancakes onto upside down muffin tin
Load strawberries inside of each pancake taco
Place the bananas, berries and starfruit inside of each pancake taco
Top with whipped cream
Fill each pancake taco with a dollop of whipped cream
Drizzle maple syrup over the top of your tacos
How great do these fruit-filled pancake tacos look?
So pretty – the perfect breakfast or brunch!
Pancake fruit tacos
Serves 4 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 banana
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey or syrup of your choice (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Add 1 pat butter and allow to melt.
- In large bowl, mix flour, milk, brown sugar, baking powder, egg and salt until smooth. If batter is too thick, thin with water or additional milk.
- Pour pancake batter onto griddle in 1/4-cup portions.
- Cook for 1 to 3 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Fold pancakes between muffin cups on upside-down muffin pan so they look like taco shells.
- Bake in oven for 10–15 minutes or until outsides of pancakes have turned crisp and hold their shape.
- Remove pancakes from oven and cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add desired toppings to each pancake.
- Serve immediately.
Powered By Cookbook
Beautiful and healthy!