This year, skip the pumpkin and pecan pies and serve this indulgent twist on apple pie! A butterscotch apple cream pie will be the perfect finale to an amazing Thanksgiving dinner.
A graham cracker crust saves the work of messing with dough, and a filling of brown sugar, heavy cream, vanilla and cinnamon takes this recipe to the next level. With a crunchy pecan topping with diced apples and butterscotch chips, you will wow your Thanksgiving guests.
This holiday, we challenge you to try something a little bit different with this luscious cream pie. One bite and you will fall in love with this creamy dessert. It is so decadent; it just melts in your mouth!
Butterscotch Apple Cream Pie
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 pint Heavy Cream/ 2 cups
- 4 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 cup Pecan halves, chopped
- 1 Apple, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cornstarch. In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, and butter. Once the butter is fully melted, add the heavy cream. Lower the heat and stir until the mixture begins to bubble and thickens. Remove from the heat immediately and pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. The pie will be bubbling when it is removed from the oven.
- Place the pie in the fridge for at least one hour to set.
- While the pie is setting, in a skillet over medium heat melt 2 Tbsp. butter. Add the pecans, apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sauté lightly to soften the apple pieces. Pour the topping over the pie. Once the apples cool, sprinkle the top with butterscotch chips. over the pie.
Powered By Cookbook