Looking for that supernaturally perfect sweet treat for your kiddo’s class party or the annual Halloween bash in your neighborhood? Our no-bake Halloween Rice Krispie treat cake, inspired by Eating Richly, is easy to make and hauntingly hard to resist!
No need to turn on the oven for this dressed-up no-bake Halloween cake. We cast a culinary spell over the expected square-shaped rice cereal treats, and turned them into a giant chocolate-coated, candy-studded cake of crispy Halloween yum! Every bite is a sweet-tooth-satisfying party in your mouth with tasty chunks of chocolaty rice cereal crunch, chewy candy corn, and a welcome peanut butter invasion of Reese’s Pieces. We added a bit of creepy inedible Halloween decor to make this menacingly mouthwatering treat even more festively exciting.
ALSO TRY: Monster cake pops
If you know how to make rice cereal treats, this Halloween recipe will be a piece of cake (pun intended)! In addition to the marshmallows and crispy rice cereal, you simply stir in an assortment of Halloween candy. Instead of pressing the hot mixture into a baking dish, you press it into a Bundt pan, which shapes it into a “cake.” Generously garnish it with additional candy and creepy Halloween decor, then serve.
Melt the coconut oil and marshmallows
Let’s start this dessert by getting ooey-gooey. In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove the pot from the heat.
Add the cereal and candy
Now we get crunchy and sweet! Stir in the crispy rice cereal, candy corn, Reese’s Pieces, and Hershey’s Miniatures pieces.
Prep the Bundt pan
Spray a Bundt pan with cooking spray. Firmly press pieces of parchment paper or waxed paper into the Bundt pan and fold the edges of the paper over the side of the pan. This will let you easily pop out the cake.
Transfer the cereal mixture into the Bundt pan
Pour the cereal treat mixture into the Bundt pan and use a large spoon to press the mixture into the shape of the pan. Set the “cake” aside to cool and set up.
Remove and garnish the cake
Place a plate over the Bundt pan. Invert the cake onto the plate. If the paper sticks to the cake, peel it off. Garnish the cake with a scattering of additional candy corn and Reese’s Pieces. Decorate with your favorite small Halloween decor.
This cake is unique and spooky
Such a festive dessert!
A classic treat with a Halloween twist!
Slice and serve
Halloween Rice Krispie treat cake
Serves 16-18 servings
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package regular-size marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup candy corn, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Miniatures, each piece cut into eighths
- assortment of Halloween decorations
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the marshmallows and stir well until melted. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in the crispy rice cereal, candy corn, Reese’s Pieces, and Hershey’s Miniatures pieces.
- Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray. Firmly press pieces of parchment or waxed paper into the Bundt pan and fold the edges of the paper over the side of the pan. This will allow easy removal.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the Bundt pan and spread evenly throughout the pan.
- Cool the “cake” until well set.
- When ready to remove, place a plate over the Bundt pan. Invert the pan so the cake sits on top of the plate. Remove the paper if it sticks to the cake.
- Garnish the cake with additional candy corn, Reese’s Pieces, and Halloween decor.
- Slice the cake into wedges to serve.
Powered By Cookbook