Searching for dish that looks fancy, tastes delicious (hello, bacon!) and is easy to make? Then chicken mignon with harissa butter from He Needs Food should be at the top of your list. The arbol chiles and charred red bell pepper give the harissa butter gives the dish a delicious kick, while the bacon adds smoky flavor to the chicken.
If you’ve never baked bacon instead of frying, then you’re in for a treat –and actually may never go back to frying! Baking bacon results in perfectly crisp strips and less grease that seems to weigh it down when you fry it.
ALSO TRY: Harissa paste & harissa butter
As the bacon cooks, make the harissa butter. Like other compound butter formulas, start with softened butter. Our recipe consists whipping the butter and mixing in harissa paste and fennel seeds. You can also season chicken with garlic and onion powder, and a small dab of harissa butter before you roll it to take the flavor up a notch.
Baste several times during cooking to keep the chicken moist, and then finish off by broiling for a few minutes until it’s golden brown. Enjoy!>> Click here to jump straight to the recipe
Start by baking four pieces of bacon for nine minutes.
Flatten and roll chicken
If your chicken breast is thick, flatten it with a kitchen mallet to make it easier for rolling: place a piece chicken between sheets of parchment paper and pound it with the flat side of a kitchen mallet until thin.
Season chicken for Chicken mignon with harissa butter
Season with fresh rosemary leaves and salt and pepper. If you don’t have fresh rosemary leaves, you can use dried rosemary. Just remember that dried herbs are stronger than fresh so you don’t need to use as much.
Dress chicken in bacon
Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece and secure with toothpicks.
Prepare chicken for the oven
Lay chicken in a dish on top of chopped onion and sprinkle garlic cloves on top.
Ready to bake Chicken mignon with harissa butter
Place a tablespoon of harissa butter and a sprig of rosemary on each chicken breast.
Delicious Chicken mignon with harissa butter!
An impressive dinner for a party or a night in
Both elegant and simple to prepare
Look at all that beautiful color and flavor!
Chicken mignon with harissa butter
Serves 4 servings
Courses Main Course
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken cutlets or thighs
- Fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 slices thick bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped into 1/2“ dice
- 6 cloves of garlic, whole
- 4 tablespoons harissa butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place four pieces of bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cook bacon for nine minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Lay the chicken pieces on a cutting board, scatter rosemary among the pieces and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken tightly and then wrap the bacon slices around each roll of chicken. Secure with toothpicks.
- Coat the bottom and inside of an ovenproof dish with olive oil. Lay the onion in a single layer in the bottom of the dish, scatter cloves of garlic in pan, then set the rolled chicken pieces on top of the onions.
- Drop one tablespoon of the harissa butter on top of each roll of chicken, top with a sprig of rosemary and then bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Bast the chicken a couple of times during cooking.
- Broil for three minutes until golden brown and bubbling to finish.
Powered By Cookbook