Trick or treat? We say treat! Your hungry little ghouls will scream for this Halloween pizza. Featuring mozzarella eyeballs, spooky spiders made of olives, and a web of shredded cheese, this hauntingly good pizza is the best fun and frightful food for your next Halloween party.
Halloween pizza is wickedly easy to make. While many homemade pizza recipes call for from-scratch pizza dough and a terrifyingly long list of ingredients, we’ve streamlined the pizza preparation with pre-made dough and just a handful of toppings. Pre-made dough can usually be found in the refrigerator or deli section at your local supermarket in white, wheat, and gluten-free options.
Release your creative Halloween spirit. This spooky pizza because really gets your creative juices bubbling. Put evil eyeballs and sinister spiders on the shredded cheese web or add your favorite fearsome edible decor. Olives and mozzarella balls can turn into bats, and you can also use parts of pimiento-stuffed olives to make scary faces on the cheese. Anything eerie goes!
Prepare the pizza dough
Sprinkle a round metal pizza tray with cornmeal. The cornmeal will keep the pizza dough from sticking to the tray as it cooks. Place the pizza dough on the tray and use your fingers to press it out to reach the edges of the tray, forming a thick edge around the dough for the crust.
Slather on the pizza sauce
Spoon pizza sauce onto the prepared dough. Use a pastry brush to spread the sauce over the pizza dough, leaving a border for the crust.
Create a web of mozzarella cheese
Instead of scattering cheese all over the pizza, creatively sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on the pizza in a spider web design.
Make Halloween spiders out of olives
No spooky pizza would be complete without a few creepy-crawly bugs. To make spiders, use the whole olives for the bodies and cut olive pieces for the legs. Set the whole olives on the pizza and arrange the pieces to look like spider legs. Slide the pizza in the oven and bake at 500 F for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese and sauce is bubbly and the crust is golden.
Create eyeballs using mozzarella balls and olives
Edible eyeballs are perfect for a Halloween pizza. Slice three mozzarella balls in half and arrange them cut-side down on the pizza. Press a thick olive slice onto each half.
Does it look scary or delicious?
Love all the cheesy detail
Perfectly spooky and delicious!
Be prepared to sink your fangs into this pizza
Kids' favorite Halloween pizza
Serves 4-6 servings
Courses Main dish
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (12-inch) pre-made pizza dough
- 1 small jar pizza or marinara sauce
- 8 pepperoni pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pitted black olives, some whole, some sliced, and some quartered
- 3 small mozzarella balls, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 500 F.
- Sprinkle cornmeal all over a round metal pizza tray.
- Place the pizza dough on the pizza tray. Using your fingers, spread the dough out to reach the edges, forming a thick edge all around the outside of the dough.
- Spoon and brush the pizza sauce onto the pizza dough, leaving a border for the crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese in a spider web design on top of the pizza sauce.
- Decorate the top of the pizza with the pepperoni slices.
- Make black spiders using black olives, whole pieces, and cut pieces to make legs.
- Put the pizza in the oven and cook until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Arrange each half of the mozzarella balls cut-side down on the pizza. Place a thick slice of olive on each ball to make an eyeball.
- Slice and serve.
Powered By Cookbook