Pork tenderloin infused with a sweet-spicy rub and cooked to juicy, tender perfection can be described in a single word: succulent.
When you’re craving a savory, meaty comfort food, this pork tenderloin recipe, inspired by Flour On My Face, is a satisfying go-to. Every bite of this tender, fall-apart pork is full of sweet, spicy flavor that’s hard to beat.
It’s all in the rub
Forget the pre-made spice rubs that are loaded with salt, MSG and other preservatives. Instead, go for an easy homemade blend of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. The best meat rubs balance sweet, salty, hot and spicy tastes — and they’re especially suited to pork tenderloin.
This particular pork rub is a blend of dark brown sugar, sea salt, spices and garlic. The brown sugar lends a complex yet mildly-sweet molasses flavor to the meat, while balancing the heat from the peppers. Smoky paprika is a must; it imparts a rich, deep flavor to the mix. The dry mustard and garlic powder assert distinct tastes that round out the flavor profile nicely. (This sweet-spicy pork rub is so out-of-this-world delicious, you could even bottle it up and present it as a gift for your favorite foodies.)
Patience is the key to this recipe. After you massage the pork tenderloins with a generous coating of the rub, allowing them to sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour (or even overnight) to let the flavor penetrate and fully develop. Then pop it in the oven for just about 25 to 30 minutes.
The next step is to let the pork rest for at least 12 minutes, so the juices redistribute into the meat rather than run out all over your cutting board. And the last step is the best step: slice and enjoy!>> Click here to jump straight to the recipe
Put all dry ingredients into bowl
Whisk ingredients together to create the spice rub
Place pork tenderloin into bag with a portion of spice rub
Pour remaining spice rub over pork
Shake bag to coat pork
Place pork on the roasting rack
Add the second tenderloin
Smoked paprika and dry mustard add color with a little kick
This pork ends up tender and full of flavor
Is there anything better than roasted garlic?
Plates up beautifully!
A fabulous dish to serve at a dinner party
Gorgeous spices are baked in for tons of flavor
Want a bite?
Great served up for dinner, or sliced for sandwiches
Enjoy every savory bite!
Pork tenderloin with sweet and spicy rub
Courses Main dish
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup smoky paprika
- 1/4 cup fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 whole pork tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- With a whisk, mix all spices (except pork) in a large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup of this rub mix into a large zip top bag; place pork tenderloins into the bag. Add another 1/2 cup rub mix on top of pork, then shake to combine, making sure to cover the pork with the rub mix completely.
- To allow the spice flavors to penetrate the meat, place the plastic bag in the refrigerator and allow it to sit for at least one hour, or overnight.
- When you're ready to cook, use cooking spray to coat a roasting pan’s inverted rack.
- Place the tenderloins onto the roasting rack.
- Slow roast the pork in the 325 degree oven about 25-30 minutes, or until the meat's internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. If you don't have a meat thermometer, cook only until the loin feels firm and springs back when pressed with your finger, and the juices run clear when the pork is poked with a knife.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Powered By Cookbook