Cranberry sauce is a traditional dish you don’t want to be without on Thanksgiving. But sometimes a little change can lead to new-and-improved traditions, like this Cherry and Vanilla Cranberry Sauce. More fruit is the way to go. Sweet cherries complement the tart cranberries, and vanilla elevates the flavors for a new twist to a longstanding favorite.
Cherry and Vanilla Cranberry Sauce
Serves 4 -6
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons orange juice
- Add the cranberries, cherries, sugar, water, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the orange juice.
- Cover and chill before serving.
Powered By Cookbook